Home Affairs Antenuptial Agreement

Home Affairs will not register your marriage if your „married“ status is reflected on the system. It is advisable that you bring your divorce certificate or the death certificate of your deceased spouse to the Interior to require them to correct the details of the status in the population register. Sometimes it takes 3 months or more to change. This agreement brings together everything you and your partner owned before and during your marriage. This excludes all the items you have inherited. There are a few ways for you to manage the legal aspect of your marriage in South Africa as an international couple. The first option would be to exercise your right to legal marriage without celebration in your home country, so your event in South Africa will simply be a celebration of what is already in force legally. . – How do I know if my marital status is registered at home? My marital status is incorrect in the internal system – what should I do? – If you have a pre-marriage agreement, we need a letter from your lawyer. If you choose to stay as a parent at home or if you want to offer your education, this system ensures that you are covered. Marriage of the condominium (antenuptial) There are 2 marriage contracts: co-ownership or an association agreement.

If you decide to get married in a property community, your assets will be evenly divided. If you do not want your assets released, you must sign a cancellation agreement before you get married. If you do not sign an antenuptial contract, you will automatically be married in a property community. Note: If your divorce or death sentence from your home country is in a language other than English, have it translated. Note: The bleeders, please make sure that the host business has properly registered your divorced status. False registrations delay the registration of your new marriage. Foreign nationals, if your divorce decree comes from your country of origin and is in a language other than English, have it translated. The first option would be to legally marry in your home country. Your event in South Africa will simply be a celebration of what already exists and there will be no need for documents or information for the interior.

You can also text the letter M followed by your ID number (example: M 500101000080) to 32551 An SMS reply will be returned to your phone to confirm your marital status and the date of your marriage.